Monday, November 1, 2010

BOY TIME

Happy November everyone!  We had a quiet Halloween here, with only a few groups of kids trick or treating.  Gabriel has been in a roaming mood lately.  He loves to sit on the back of the couch in the bird room and survey the surroundings.  This little guy is fearless.  He zips over to Timothy's cage and wants to go right up to him.  I remind him constantly that his little head would fit in Timothy's beak quite nicely....and to NOT give me a heart attack by zooming over to meet and greet him!

This is Timothy's favorite place to perch.  I open his food door and he pops right out and sits in the doorway.  This is a BIG step for Timothy.  He has even ventured to come down the side of the cage and onto the pillow I have propped up beneath this doorway.  In fact, I pad his whole area...just in case he slips and falls.  Being without many body feathers, he is dead weight and falls hard.  I pad the bottom of his cage floor and then put paper towel over the pad.  It gets messy, but I change it every day.  Timmy's progress brings tears to my eyes at times.  Especially when he overcomes a fear.  I love this little guy.


I put this rope perch just below his opening.  He loves rope perches and this placement was perfect, as he loves to come all the way out to sit on it and get head scritches from me.  I look forward to the day when I can hold him in my lap or against my chest and cuddle.  We will take it slow, for he has all the time in the world to heal and be the bird God created him to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment