Thursday, November 10, 2011

LOVE NOW BAZAAR


My home church, Crossroads Community Church, had their first annual Love Now Bazaar last Saturday.  It was my first time showing my bird toys in a bazaar setting.  I worked long hard hours making toys to fill my table.  It was a challenge, but it was a wonderful experience.  I created this sign to sit on my table.  The colors went well with the toys and gave the tabletop some character.


Here is part of my wall at home.  Over the few weeks prior to the bazaar, I fretted as to what would sell at a setting like this where people are not used to seeing toys for parrots!  But, alas, my fears were unfounded.  I met many bird owners and relatives of bird owners who bought toys for Christmas presents.  I was amazed at how many people had African greys.  But other species were represented also.  One family had just lost their Cockatiel when it flew out the open patio door.  Two weeks later and they still have yet to find their bird.  So sad.


This is a quick shot of my table.  I had a toy parrot there that talked and danced.  Many people said it looked like a real Macaw from a distance.  Oh, the bird also moves its eyes.  No wonder people were fooled.....LOL!  I couldn't have asked for a more delightful day.  A lot of money was raised for Love Now, a mission fund for supplying Africans with clean drinking water.  God is good.

3 comments:

  1. All of your hard work sure paid off..very nice display! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Your colorful display must have attracted a lot of people, whether or not they keep birds.

    ReplyDelete