Sunday, October 4, 2009

NEW HOME

On August 28, 2009 I adopted Timothy. A tiny five year old Timneh African Grey Parrot, Timothy is a pint size powerhouse. Upon first laying eyes upon him, I was smitten. He has taken my heart by storm and I will never be the same.

Told, by his previous owner, that he has been a feather picker from day one, I knew my work was cut out for me. I never doubted for a moment the monumental task I was undertaking when I adopted him, however, I wasn't prepared to be swept off my feet by a bundle of fuzz with a heart of gold.

This blog will be the documented journey of Timothy and his new life with me, along with the successes and failures that goes with owning an animal with special needs. I know I will laugh, cry, and be changed by this intelligent creation of God. And, there is no doubt in my mind that Timothy will have as much of a healing influence on me, as I pray to have on him.

Let the journey begin.......

No comments:

Post a Comment