Friday, July 27, 2012

THE NEWEST ADDITION

So sorry for the lack of updates, but as you can see from the heading, I have been busy bringing in another bird to our flock.  His name is Frosty and he is a Goffin Cockatoo.  It was another case of being in the right place at the right time.  Frosty was meant to be a part of my life.  The same way Timmy came in to my life, Frosty followed suit.  It was a nice sunny morning and I made a spur of the moment decision to go and take inventory of my bird toys at Bird Hut.  Engrossed in my endeavors of getting the count right of my toys, I missed the dark beady eyes that were following me from the corner.  That is, until he started to make a noise like a baby goat.  I looked over, and this is what met my gaze.........


This is Frosty.  He is 12 years old and was dropped off at Bird Hut by an elderly woman unable to care for him anymore.  He was being fed a diet of cockatiel seed and was showing signs of malnutrition.  I immediately fell in love and the rest is history.  Yes, Frosty is another feather picker.  These special birds seem to be my calling in life.  I feel the hand of the Lord upon me to care for as many of these fragile, yet highly intelligent creatures, that is possible.


 

The care Frosty received at Bird Hut the short time he was there, proved that he can grow beautiful new feathers.  As you can see from he picture below, he loves showing off his lovely wingspan.  It is my hope that after some months of good solid nutrition, Frosty's feather condition will improve.  He is now all moved in to the bird room and loving his new life.  I feel immensely blessed to have this little scamp in my life.  He is cuddly and loves to talk and sing.


Now that Frosty has taken up my work space, I have had to move everything out of the bird room except for, well....the birds!  Now our family room is quickly becoming the entire headquarters, office work and all, of ZeeksBeak.  There will be pictures to follow of the transformation.  I welcome you all to journey with me and the boys through this exciting transition!

Blessings to all,

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. With their super-strong beaks, intelligence, and demand for attention, cockatoos are a project. Frosty will have a good life with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry. I hope I will be able to give him all he needs for a good life. Yes, their beaks are very strong, as I am learning. He is so cuddly. I love snuggling with him.

      Delete