Sunday, August 29, 2010

IT'S A HIT!

Every time I make a new toy I am always excited to see if my flock approves.  Timmy is my biggest challenge, what with his fearful nature and feather plucking habit.  But today I hit the jackpot.  While making this toy, Timmy watched intently and when I was finished, he let out an admiring "oooohhhhh" sound.  That prompted me to see if he was interested in this particular toy.  And to my surprise and delight, he was!


Is he having a proud moment, or what?  This picture was taken after he had played with this toy for awhile.  He was quite content to pose with his new treasure and not showing any signs of fear or apprehension.


He peaked out at me when I disturbed him by opening the cage door.  As you can see, he gave me a little foot action "wave" in this photo.  Have I mentioned lately how much I love this little guy?

This is just a snippet of the mess I make while creating my bird toys.  I find the challenge of putting together a new toy to be very entertaining.  Especially when I have an avian audience.


This is the toy completed.  I make multiple copies at one time and if anyone is interested, this toy will be made available for sale on my Etsy website.  http://www.zeeksbeak.etsy.com/  Tomorrow I will post it on Etsy for purchase

1 comment:

  1. That toy should keep any bird quiet for hours...well maybe not 'quiet' but real happy indeed!

    ReplyDelete