Monday, May 23, 2011

NEW ART

I have always loved being artistic, but like many people, had to put more practical matters before indulging in some artsy play.  Over time, I lost touch with that creative side, but after a great eye opening message from our pastor, I decided to say YES to my artistic side.  So I embarked on a new project that I will share with you now...even though it's not finished.

 Naturally, since I am passionate about birds, I would pick a project with a bird theme.  Owls have fascinated me for a long time and I am thrilled that owls seem to be making a comeback in many different forms.
 Using paper, I layered pieces to make the shape of an owl.  Then I added dimension like buttons for the eyes and chip board for the flower.  All the stitching I did by hand. 

Adding textured paper gave the body of the owl more character.  I imagined wind blowing through feathers and felt that the swirls in this paper replicated that image very nicely.  I will finish this piece off by framing it.  I hope to have this and/or similar things ready for sale in my Etsy shop soon.  I will be doing pieces with a parrot theme also.  My mind is swirling with ideas and I'm bursting at the seams with excitement for this new adventure!

Hope you all are well and that you love on your birds daily.  Blessings to you and yours!

2 comments:

  1. Love it, love it, love it!! Can't wait to see the entire menagerie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I'm glad you're getting your creative energy back. There's nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete